There now follows a message from The Leave Alliance…
Richard North announces:
We’re all set up for the big day at the ROSL. The programme is all organised, with an opening address by Christopher Booker, the TED-style talk on Flexcit from me, and then Question Time.
The question-time is one of the key elements of the afternoon. Unlike the typical “talking head” presentation, you the audience are the stars. We’re looking for at least ten volunteers, each to ask a focused question, in a similar format. The questioner makes a short statement from the floor to introduce the subject, and then directs the question at the panel, comprising myself and Booker.
[..] Once we’ve chewed over the answer, the questioner gets a come-back, if they want it, and then we close on that issue and move to the next. After editing, each becomes a YouTube clip, giving us a steady flow of material to post on the web.
Some of the topics to be addressed by the panel are as follows:
- What will be the effect of Brexit on farming?
- How will fishermen benefit from Brexit?
- In view of the controversy over savings on contributions, how much do you think the UK will save?
- Why isn’t Flexcit getting more (any) attention from the media?
- Will expats be forced to return to the UK?
- What guarantee can you give that the Efta/EEA option would not end up as the final step instead of the first?
- What would happen if the UK failed to reach a trade agreement before leaving the EU?
- Would the UK need to re-negotiate all its trade deals after Brexit?
- Would the UK lose out by not being part of TTIP?
- Will UK defence and security be damaged by Brexit?
Throughout the afternoon, we’ll have roving cameras, recording for vox pop contributions, with people responding to the simple question: “why do you want to leave the EU?” We’ll edit and collate the responses, which will make for another, and truly historic film clip.
I will be in attendance, representing Semi-Partisan Politics, for what promises to be a great event – and one which will answer many common questions about Flexcit.
The event will be held at the following time and place – do come along if you are able, I understand that tickets will be on sale on the door for £15 which is a small price well worth paying for an afternoon of education on the most important and existential question facing Britain today.
Princess Alexandra Hall
Royal Overseas League
Overseas House, Park Place, St James’s Street
London, SW1A 1LR
Saturday 23 April, 2pm – 6pm
Agree with this article? Violently disagree? Scroll down to leave a comment.
Follow Semi-Partisan Politics on Twitter, Facebook and Medium.
Sam – how did the Leave Alliance event on 23rd April with Richard North and Christopher Booker go? I am a little behind reading all my emails as we had visitors that weekend, and I am now on Holiday in Italy. That is also why my last comment was a little out of date – sorry!!
Did they come up with any feedback from the event? Sounded interesting.
What a coincidence – I will soon be on holiday in Italy too, Rome and the Amalfi coast!
The event was a great success, Christopher Booker gave a great introduction and Dr. North’s TED-style talk was an excellent overview of Flexcit. Hopefully there will be video available soon!